Before starting elaborating your creative project, have in mind that:
- The project is a problem-solving technique.
- A creative project makes the world a better place.
- Realization of a creative project makes us happy!
There are always three viewpoints on a project:
- My orgainisation/my team – what do we want to achieve and why?
- Funders’ priorities – to whom do we apply?
- Relevance to the world – what is our strategic approach and how does the project fit to the current and future needs.
Important general tips:
- Mind the importance of the executive summary! It is NOT an introduction to the project, but reflects all important parts and milestones.
- Emphasize on the uniqueness- elaborate what is your competitive advantage in comparison with similar organisations and projects.
- Make sure that there is a coherence between the stated objectives, the overall methodology and the expected results.
- Believe in the reason for implementing this project: why is it so important: for your local community, for the world?
- Be motivated and write the project with joy!
Advices on the project’s methodology:
- Make sure that the project’s methodology answers the key questions: Why? What? How, With whom?
- Explain the methodology in an easy-to-understand language.
- Split the methodology into phases of implementation of your project to be clearer what do you envisage.
- Connect the interim deliverables with the key objectives and the expected results.
- Show well the uniqueness and innovation in the approach, methods, outcomes, or other areas.
- Elaborate well partnership opportunities and make a stakeholders’ mapping at local, national and international level.
When writing your marketing plan:
- Consider using digital marketing strategy and implement methods that better fit to your creative projects.
- Mind the differences between target groups, market segments, beneficiaries, audiences – depending on the type of your project.
- Elaborate a thorough media plan and connect media tools with the project phases and interim results accordingly. Mind the launch date in case of a new product or service.
In your operational plan:
- Find out the ways to motivate your team members.
- Split well tasks and responsibilities between all parties and organisations involved.
- Elaborate well the flow-chart, organizational chart, and all relevant logistical parts in the project implementation.
- Consider the proof of credibility of your organisation and your team members and add relevant evidences.
- If there is a need for certain permissions to realize the project-add all in appendices.
When elaborating the budget, mind that:
- In the nonprofit sector we work with the money of others and transparency is important.
- Show and prove the self-financing and all other external funding that is already secured.
- Elaborate realistically the whole budget.
- Make sure that all budget items are well connected with the project text and planned activities.
- Agree in advance with your project partners how to split diverse budget items based on their specific responsibilities and tasks.
- When elaborating the expected results, think of: qualitative and quantitative results, marketing and financial results, external and internal results.
- Mind the sustainability! Elaborate well what will happen with the project results and how would they continue their lifetime after the project is completed.
- Emphasize on the maintenance and operational side of the project continuation.